Terms and Conditions
Surv Terms of Sale
Last Modified: July 12, 2022
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
These terms of sale are entered into by and between You and Rent Sons Inc. DBA Surv (“Surv”, “we” or “us”). The following terms (collectively, these “Terms of Sale”), govern your use of the services offered by Surv (the “Services”). The offer of Services through our website, verbal, phone system, text message, and mobile application (collectively, the “Site”) is expressly conditioned upon your acceptance of these Terms of Sale. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms of Sale by submitting a Services request. Use of the terms “you” or “your” in these Terms of Sale, as the context requires, means and includes the person or entity on whose behalf the Services are being procured (the “User”). User is fully responsible for compliance with these Terms.
By agreeing to these terms, You are implicitly agreeing to Surv’s Surv+ Terms and Conditions.
Requests: After you complete a Services request on the Site, our Scheduler will match your Services request to available Local Workers. “Local workers” are independent contractors who perform Services. Surv does not guarantee that any particular Services request will be fulfilled. If your Services request cannot be fulfilled, you will be informed by the scheduler as soon as reasonably possible.
Independent Contractors: Local Workers are independent contractors of Surv. Local Workers have no authority to bind Surv or you and they shall not make any agreements or representations on Surv’s or your behalf without Surv’s prior written consent.
Fees and Payment: Services are billed based on the work outlined in your request and on your area. You must approve our estimate for the job in order to get on the schedule, which will be sent by either text or email by our Scheduling team or Community Manager. We do not charge until the Services are complete for the day, and will do so via an invoice sent through text or email. We require invoices to be completed day-of, and for multi-day projects will bill you accordingly. If the job varies from what was disclosed in your initial request and what the original estimate was contingent upon, we reserve the right to either: not complete the job, complete the aspect of the job disclosed only, or reflect the scope of the work completed in your final invoice, in which case your invoice may differ from the estimate.
We’re Quality! But We Aren’t Pros: When you rent Local Workers, you rent quality workers. They are not professionals that have 20 years of experience and thousands of dollars in equipment. However, for most jobs we think you’ll be blown away with how well they work. In some cases, our Scheduler may suggest that you should leave the job to the pros. We are not responsible if you later determine that you should have hired a person with skilled expertise in the area.
Tips: Our culture is this: If the Local Worker does a good job, please tip them!
Tools and Materials: We do not provide tools unless you rent tools from us, in which case the rental fees will be included in your estimate. The tool rental charge for standard hand tools varies by job. Any such tool rental charge is in addition to charges for materials (for example: paint for a painting job. We will bring the brushes, but you need to buy the paint.) If you require additional tool, equipment, or material rentals, we will charge a 20% deposit upfront to schedule your job.
Insurance, Property Damage and Personal Injury: We cover each Local Worker with $1 million general liability policy. You may request a copy of our insurance certificate at any time. In the unlikely event we damage items that are beyond reasonable wear and tear, we will cover up to $1,000 out-of-pocket for the items or the $1 million general liability insurance policy will handle it if the damage is greater than $5000. For jobs of a certain size or if you have items of greater value we strongly encourage you to purchase our additional insurance policy for $100. This covers any damages over $1000 but no greater than $5000. This policy is presented and can be selected in the job booking process. Please note, however, that you will still be responsible for the cost of the Services. Surv has no obligation to make repairs to any incidental damage that results from providing the Services. In the event that the Services result in damage or injury, Surv shall only be responsible for damages up to $1,000 and shall not be liable to you for money damages exceeding that amount. You must provide a detailed description and photographs of any such potential claims no later than thirty days following the completion of Services. We are not responsible for damages incurred because the Local Worker relied on your advice, direction, assistance, tools and/or supplies in performing the Services. We reserve the right to repair the damages ourselves and will not reimburse you for repairs made by persons who have not been authorized by us to repair the damage.
Lunch Breaks: If the Local Workers are scheduled to work at least 6 hours, they are allowed a 30-minute paid lunch break.
Sunday & Holiday Jobs: If your timing is not flexible, we may accept a holiday or Sunday job, at Surv’s discretion.
Disputes and Liability: In the event that you have a dispute with a Local Worker, you release Surv from any and all claims, demands, or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SURV, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR COMMUNITY BUILDERS) BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
We understand that life is unpredictable and things happen. As long as you let us know more than 24 hours before the scheduled appointment, there’s no cancellation fee. If you need to cancel within 24 hours, we will have to charge you for 50% of your reserved time. In some special cases—such as a family emergency—we may consider waiving the 50% charge and simply rescheduling the job. Please understand that we review these on a case-by-case basis and generally require documentation of the emergency.
KEEP OUR LOCAL WORKERS SAFE
Moving: The Community Manager may decide a moving job is too strenuous or difficult for the Local Worker.
Landscaping: Although we are insured, we do not use power tools like chainsaws or climb tall ladders (exceeding 20ft)
Roofs: We do not go on roofs.
Painting: We will only paint the first level exterior unless you speak more in depth with your Community Manager. We have experienced Local Workers that can paint your house, but we need a heads up in advance of booking.
Uncleanliness: If the job site has black mold, feces, hazardous chemicals, or if there are other hazardous conditions at your house, you should call a professional.
If Surv cannot perform any of its obligations because of events beyond our reasonable control, then Surv will not be liable to you for failure to perform.
Surv has no obligation to make repairs to any incidental damage that results from providing the Services. In the event that the Services result in damage or injury, Surv shall only be responsible for damages up to $1,000 and shall not be liable to you for money damages exceeding that amount.
In the unlikely event we damage items that are beyond reasonable wear and tear, we will cover up to $1,000 out-of-pocket for the items or the $1 million general liability insurance policy will handle it if the damage is greater than $5000. For jobs of a certain size or if you have items of greater value we strongly encourage you to purchase our additional insurance policy for $100. This covers any damages over $1000 but no greater than $5000. This policy is presented and can be selected in the job booking process. Please note, however, that you will still be responsible for the cost of the Services.
Surv is not liable for any damage caused by insufficient disclosure in writing of the value, weight and/or fragility of items that are handled in connection with the Services. If such items have a value over $1,000, you are required to disclose the value to us in writing prior to performance of the Services.
No waiver by Surv of any term or condition set out in these Terms of Sale shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Surv to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Sale shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If any provision of these Terms of Sale is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Sale will continue in full force and effect.
Surv may revise and update these Terms of Sale from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately, and apply to all Services requests made through the Site thereafter. Any changes to these Terms of Sale will not apply to any Services request received by us before such changes are made.
Last modified: January 7, 2021
Rent Sons Inc. DBA Surv (“We” or “Surv”) respects the privacy of our Local Workers, Neighbors, Community Managers and guests, and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our online interfaces and properties (e.g., websites and mobile applications) owned and controlled by Surv, including the website www.rentsons.com (collectively, the “Site”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On the website.
- In email, text and other electronic messages between you and this Site.
- Through mobile applications you download from this Site, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Site.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Surv and/or Local Workers offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Surv or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Site.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Site or on or through any of its features/register on the Site, make any purchases through the Site, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Site or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number (collectively, “personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through our Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfillment of services. You are required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Site.
- Your search queries on the Site.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Site with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Text Message Communications. By providing your mobile number during the registration process, you agree to receive operational messages (including without limitation job reservation confirmations and job detail reminders) from Surv via text message. You agree that such texts may be generated by automated telephone dialing systems, and that consent is not a condition of purchase. For help, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Message & data rates may apply. You understand that opting out of receiving such text messages may impact your use of the Surv site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you download, access, use and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Visit donottrack.us for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Site and our e-mails to Neighbors may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Surv, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Third parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different Internet services when a user uses the Site. Below are links to resources for regarding online tracking and targeting:
For Facebook Business Manager, please see https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy and https://www.facebook.com/policies/?ref=pf.
For Google Analytics, please see http://www.google.com/privacy.html, www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, http://www.google.com/analytics/tos.html and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Site and its contents to you.
- To improve our products and services or to develop new products and services.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Site or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Site.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated or anonymized information about our users without restriction.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Surv’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Surv about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “email a friend” feature of our Site, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Surv, our Local Workers, our Neighbors, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers from the Surv. If you do not wish to have your email address used by Surv to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to Surv as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjusting your user preferences in your account profile or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
Last Modified: July 12, 2022