Terms and Conditions
Surv Terms of Sale
Last Modified: 1 March 2024
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
These terms of sale are entered into by and between You and Rent Sons Inc. DBA Surv (“Surv”, “we” or “us”). The following terms (collectively, these “Terms and Conditions”), govern your use of the services offered by Surv (the “Services”). The offer of Services through our website, in person, phone system, text message, mobile application (collectively, the “Site”) is expressly conditioned upon your acceptance of these Terms of Sale. You will be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions by submitting a Services request. Use of the terms “you” or “your” in these Terms of Sale, as the context requires, means and includes the person or entity on whose behalf the Services are being procured (the “User”). User is fully responsible for compliance with these Terms.
After you complete a Services request on the Site, our Neighbor Success Team will match your Services request to available Local Workers. “Local Workers” are Surv employees who perform Services. Surv does not guarantee that any particular Services request will be fulfilled. If your Services request cannot be fulfilled, you will be informed by the scheduler as soon as reasonably possible.
Surv is committed to providing valuable services to our customers. For this reason, we charge a placement fee for any case in which a “Neighbor” (customer) chooses to hire, contract or arrange services with a Surv employee without obtaining consent of the employer, so long as those services are within the scope of work that Surv provides. All Surv employees, or “Local Workers,” are employees of Surv; they have no authority to bind Surv or you and they shall not make any agreements or representations on Surv’s or your behalf without Surv’s prior written consent. The placement fee is $5,000, which covers costs associated with hiring and planning for our recruitment needs. This fee is collected upon agreement of service by the Neighbor. The fee is non-refundable, and the signed agreement between you and Surv will outline the specifics of the fee schedule. If after being hired for the job, the Local Worker does not meet the expectations of the Neighbor during their term of employment, the placement fee is non-refundable. If the Neighbor decides to terminate the employment of the Local Worker prior to the completion of the agreed upon services, the placement fee will not be refunded. The Local Worker is responsible for completing the agreed upon services and is held to the standards outlined by Surv. If the Local Worker fails to complete the services, the placement fee is still non-refundable. Surv reserves the right to change the terms of this policy at our discretion. Any changes to the policy will be posted on the Surv website, and it is the responsibility of the customer to check for changes. By using the services of Surv, you are agreeing to the stated Terms and Conditions of this policy and therefore agree to be bound by the rules and regulation outlined herein.
Fees and Payment
Services are billed based on the work outlined in your request and on your area. You must approve our estimate for the job in order to get on the schedule, which will be communicated verbally, or via text and/or email from a Surv representative. We do not fully charge until the Services are complete for the day, and will do so via an invoice sent through text or email. We require invoices to be completed day-of, and for multi-day projects will bill you accordingly. If the job varies from what was disclosed in your initial request and what the original estimate was contingent upon, we reserve the right to either: not complete the job, complete the aspect of the job disclosed only, or reflect the scope of the work completed in your final invoice, in which case your invoice may differ from the estimate. In the latter instance, a change order will be issued to, notification of which will be received by you as soon as the change order is prompted.
At Surv, we understand that every customer’s project is unique, and we take pride in delivering personalized service to meet your specific needs. In order to ensure that we can reserve our resources and personnel to provide you with timely and efficient service, we require deposits for certain jobs.
- Estimates totaling less than $1,000 that are approved, whether by written, verbal, or other form of consent will require a deposit of 25% of the estimated value of the job prior to booking. Similarly, approved estimates whose value equals or exceeds $1,000 will require a deposit of 50% of the estimated value of the job prior to booking.
- These deposits allow us to allocate the necessary resources and personnel to ensure successful completion of your project. We understand that you may have questions or concerns regarding the deposit policy, which is why we would like to assure you that deposits are completely refundable, except in the conditions outlined in Surv’s cancellation policy.
- Our team is available to provide you with further guidance and assistance, should you require it. Thank you for choosing Surv, and we look forward to working with you to bring your project to life.****
We’re Quality! But We Aren’t Pros
When you hire Local Workers, you hire quality workers. They are not necessarily professionals that have 20 years of experience and thousands of dollars in equipment. However, for most jobs we think you’ll be blown away with how well they work. In some cases, our scheduling team may suggest that you should leave the job to the pros. We are not responsible if you later determine that you should have hired a person with skilled expertise in the area.
Our culture is this: If the Local Worker does a good job, please tip them!
Tools and Materials
We do not provide tools unless you rent tools from us, in which case the rental fees will be included in your estimate. The tool rental charge for standard hand tools varies by job. Any such tool rental charge is in addition to charges for materials (for example: paint for a painting job. We will bring the brushes, but you need to buy the paint.) If you require additional tool, equipment, or material rentals, we will charge a 20% deposit upfront to schedule your job. Some materials are available for same-day purchase such as boxes, plastic wrap, and mattress bags. Use of these items will be added to your bill and charged same day.
Insurance, Property Damage and Personal Injury
We cover each Local Worker with a one million dollar General Liability Policy. You may request a copy of our insurance certificate at any time. In the unlikely event items are damaged beyond reasonable wear and tear, we will cover up to $1,000 out-of-pocket for the item(s) or the General Liability Insurance Policy will handle it. Please note, however, that you will still be responsible for the cost of the Services. Surv has no obligation to make repairs to any incidental damage that results from providing the Services. In the event that the Services result in damage or injury, Surv shall only be responsible for damages up to $1,000 and shall not be liable to you for money damages exceeding that amount. You must provide a detailed description and photographs of any such potential claims no later than thirty days following the completion of Services. We are not responsible for damages incurred because the Local Worker relied on your advice, direction, assistance, tools and/or supplies in performing the Services. We reserve the right to repair the damages ourselves and will not reimburse you for repairs made by persons who have not been authorized by us to repair the damage.
If the Local Workers are scheduled to work at least 6 hours, they are allowed a 30-minute paid lunch break.
Sunday & Holiday Jobs
If your timing is not flexible, we may accept a holiday or Sunday job, at Surv’s discretion. Price of a job may be adjusted according to wage standards.
Disputes and Liability
In the event that you have a dispute with a Local Worker, you release Surv from any and all claims, demands, or damages (actual or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL SURV, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS, OR DIRECTORS (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR COMMUNITY BUILDERS) BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY THAT CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
CANCELLATION & RESCHEDULE POLICY
At Surv, we understand that life is unpredictable and unexpected events can occur. We also understand that unexpected events can disrupt even the most carefully planned schedules. Therefore, we have established a cancellation and reschedule policy to ensure that we can provide the best possible service to our customers while maintaining the integrity of our business operations.
When a customer cancels or reschedules a job with short notice, it results in lost revenues and lower productivity and pay for our workers. These losses can significantly impact our ability to provide quality services to all of our customers. For this reason, we must impose a cancellation fee if you cancel or reschedule within the specified notice period according to the following fee schedule:
We understand that unforeseen circumstances such inclement weather, and we review these situations on a case-by-case basis. If you have a legitimate emergency, we will likely waive the cancellation fee and reschedule the job.
We want to emphasize that our cancellation policy is not intended to punish our customers. It is simply necessary for us to protect our business and maintain the level of service that our customers expect from us. We hope that you understand and agree to these terms when you book with us.
KEEP OUR LOCAL WORKERS SAFE
- Moving: The jobsite manager or office manager may decide a moving job is too strenuous or difficult for the Local Workers on site.
- Landscaping: Although we are insured, we do not use power tools like chainsaws or climb tall ladders (exceeding 20ft)
- Roofs: We do not go on roofs.
- Painting: Exterior projects that include multi-story projects must be arranged with the office prior to scheduling. We have experienced Local Workers that can paint your house, but we need a heads up in advance of booking, otherwise we may not be able to do the job that day.
- Uncleanliness: If the job site has black mold, feces, hazardous chemicals, or if there are other hazardous conditions at your house, you should call a professional.
- If Surv cannot perform any of its obligations because of events beyond our reasonable control, then Surv will not be liable to you for failure to perform.
- Surv has no obligation to make repairs to any incidental damage that results from providing the Services. In the event that the Services result in damage or injury, Surv shall only be responsible for damages up to $1,000 and shall not be liable to you for money damages exceeding that amount.
- In the unlikely event we damage items that are beyond reasonable wear and tear, we will cover up to $1,000 out-of-pocket for the items or the $1 million general liability insurance policy will handle it.
- Surv is not liable for any damage caused by insufficient disclosure in writing of the value, weight and/or fragility of items that are handled in connection with the Services. If such items have a value over $1,000, you are required to disclose the value to us in writing prior to performance of the Services.
- No waiver by Surv of any term or condition set out in these Terms of Sale shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or condition or a waiver of any other term or condition, and any failure of Surv to assert a right or provision under these Terms of Sale shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of these Terms of Sale is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Terms of Sale will continue in full force and effect.
- Surv may revise and update these Terms of Sale from time to time in our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately, and apply to all Services requests made through the Site thereafter. Any changes to these Terms of Sale will not apply to any Services request received by us before such changes are made.